Evans Chemetics History
1938 Dr. Ralph L. Evans founded "Proprietary Products Laboratories" in Hoboken, NJ. In 1949 the company was renamed to EVANS CHEMETICS INC. In 1943 Evans Chemetics relocated to Waterloo, NY, producing sulfur chemicals and hair care products.
1978 Evans Chemetics chemicals production was sold to W.R. Grace and Company. In 1992 the Organic Chemicals Division of W.R. Grace including the Evans Chemetics business was acquired by Vestar Capital Partners forming Hampshire Chemical Corporation which in 1995 was taken over by Sentrachem, Southafrica. In 1998 Sentrachem was acquired by The Dow Chemical Corporation and Hampshire Chemical Corp. became a fully owned subsidiary.
On Sept 19, 2005, BRUNO BOCK CHEMISCHE FABRIK GMBH & CO. KG, Germany, acquired the Evans Chemetics business unit with its production site in Waterloo, New York, through its fully owned subsidiary EVANS CHEMETICS LP with its office now in Teaneck, New Jersey. BRUNO BOCK restored the old company name as it has an exceptional reputation in the whole industry. BRUNO BOCK was founded in 1937 by Bruno Bock and is still privately owned.
Since January 1, 2008, BRUNO BOCK acts also as "Only Representative" of EVANS CHEMETICS LP according the European Regulation 1907/2006 (REACH Regulation), article 8. Those products EVANS CHEMETICS sells directly or indirectly in the countries of the European Community are preregistered and will be registered depending on their tonnage in the years 2010, 2013 and 2018. See also www.thiochem.com.